I cannot believe how fast 7 months have gone by.  This time last year I was just three months pregnant, spending my weekends praying to the porcelain gods.  Now my babies are 7 months old.   So, far they have spent their morning by waking up at the ass crack of dawn “talking” in their cribs.  I wake at every sound they make coming through the baby monitor.  So, by 4:51 a.m. I was wide awake staring at the wall sweating, needing to pump.  I tried my damnedest to go back to sleep but that was not happening.  I got up out of bed and went downstairs to make bottles and pump.  I was taking clean bottles out of the dishwasher when I heard such a clatter it scared the crap out of me.  I waited a second and the BOOM BOOM BOOM happened again and again.  I started to run up the stairs.  My husband was still sleeping but I yelled what is happening?! He said oh Gabe is just kicking his crib.  I had this irrational fear that his leg was stuck between the slats so I went to go move him.  He wasn’t stuck at all, I went to go move him in his crib and he looked like a little star fish flopping around because of his Zipadee Sleep Sack.

Now before you think I am a horrible mother,  I have been trying to conquer this waking up early by not getting them up for the day unless they are crying.  They have been waking up at 4:00 a.m. to 5:30 for the last few weeks.  After going to the doctor and trying a later bedtime, shortening naps, etc., they are still waking up early.  So, if they are just in there talking I let them be and over 75% of the time they go back to sleep until 6:30ish.  They aren’t upset and they need to learn that wake up isn’t before the roosters start to caw.

They did indeed fall back asleep fairly quickly and they started their day at 6:30.  They spent the morning being annoyed that we were taking so many pictures with their 7 month stickers.  This look pretty much sums it all up…


He’s been trying to master the Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson eyebrow.  I think he’s got it down.

Next they enjoyed their pumpkin banana solids.  While cleaning Noah’s face he clearly said “Mama” and I spent the next 30 minutes trying to recreate it on camera.  I did not get it at all.  But I swear it happened.

This may not sound like an overly exciting morning, but it has been in my book.  The last seven months with these babies have been an endless cycle of waking up, diaper changes, bottles and repeat.  However, I have enjoyed and cherished all the firsts I have been able to experience with my own eyes.  The first roll overs, the first smiles, the first laughs, the first sitting up unassisted and just yesterday the first rollover from back to tummy.  And the first “mama”.  Every milestone they hit that I am able to witness makes all the bad moments worth it.  Yesterday I was in a funk. I spent the whole day in a foul mood and spent the evening crying.  Sometimes I question if I made the right decision of being a stay at home mom and then I am reminded that I am helping these babies flourish when I see them rollover or hear “mama” clear as day.  I wouldn’t have traded these last 7 months for a million dollars.  Also, that means that I only have 5 more months of pumping, right?! I am over halfway there.  7 months down, 5 months to go.  HALLELUJAH!!!!!

I hope that everyone has a great Monday!

7 month.jpg