I have been slack-a-lackin’ on blogging the last month.  I apologize for that.  I could use the excuse that my husband had his work accident and we had visitor after visitor.  All of that would be true.  But the truth is I was soaking up all the time I could with my family.  I had a whole month of my husband being home to be with us and the boys.  The truth is he was in a lot pain while he was home and had a hard time getting comfortable between his back and 7-8 broken ribs (the hospital never gave us a full actual count but it was 7 or 8).  But we made the most of it.  Last night while he was giving Noah a bath in the sink and I was occupying his brother I heard him say to Noah, “This has been the best month of my life.”  That made my heart swell and overflow with love.  I have very much enjoyed him being home.  He was here during big huge milestones for the boys as well.  They learned to crawl and crawl well, pull up and are jabbering.  It was really neat to have someone else here to enjoy all these milestones.  We had a visit from the bubs’ nurse on Friday and she told us that she would have killed her husband if she had been home with him for a month.  Me?  I cried this morning saying bye.  First of all I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time with someone who gets me and our situation but I was scared too.  I don’t ever want to get a phone call like I did on June 5th.  I had never been so scared but also so thankful.  Thankful that my husband was okay.

So, this morning now there is three and I am outnumbered again.  So far our morning has consisted of screaming and crying.  And that’s just from me.  Just kidding.  I had a few tears when my husband walked out.  But the boys have been on a 9 out of 10 on the crazy scale.  Their play pen is up again two giant windows.  Noah climbed the fence and stared out the window as his dada walked out.  Then it turned into both bubs standing up and screaming at me while I tried to wolf down my breakfast.  Finally after 25 minutes I gave up trying to let their hissy fit play out.  So, I let them out of the pen and tried to get their breakfast going.  They are obsessed with the cat’s food.  Rather than just picking it up I have been trying to work on setting boundaries with them.  So, while I was cutting up their banana this morning, they both took turns going for it.  And while I was looking at them they obeyed and as soon as I turned my back they would go for it again.  Before I was a stay-at-home mom and before I was a paralegal, I was a dog training for a few years.  It’s amazing to me how much of parenting is the same as dog training.  They didn’t associate with obeying the rules when my back is turned so we will be working on that.  They were good during breakfast but after that was ridiculousness.  I am now a one woman jungle gym to them.  They are hanging on me constantly.  And Gabe is so reckless.  He will stand up and then act like he can walk away and crashes if I don’t recover him in time.  I hope he gets the hang of this quickly.  But is this normal?  The hanging on me constantly.  For the love of God tell me it is a phase.  Even if it’s not just tell me it is.

So, here’s to the first day back in the swing of stay-at-home momhood.  And here’s to more blogging in the coming days!

Happy Monday everyone.